Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday

We had a pretty good day today. We started off by going to the used book sale at the Clinton library. The kids got a bunch of books and I got a book. Total spent $5.50! After the book sale, Austin and I headed over to the Clinton Woolen Mill Yarn Shop. I picked up some yarn to start my scarf for the Red Scarf Project and some size 4 double pointed needles to make my socks.

I was really surprised by the prices in the yarn shop. They are very reasonable, which is really nice to see for a change. That was my first time buying yarn from anyplace other than Wal-Mart or JoAnn's. I can't wait to go back to there and browse when I have more time. I was telling the owner a little bit about how I was planning on making my first pair of socks and she said if I got stuck and needed any help just to bring it in there. How awesome is that?

Ok, on with the day. We then headed to Ann Arbor where we went to Mongolian BBQ for lunch. I figure that is one of the few carb friendly places to eat since I can control what goes into my meal. After lunch we headed to the used book sale at the Ann Arbor library. The kids got a bunch of books there. I think Austin got 8 and Ryan got 6 or 7, Jason got 1 and I got 2. Total spent $13!!

Anyways, here's a pic of the books I got and a pic of my scarf in progres:

No comments: